Last Friday was the chapter retreat for the Boston American Marketing Association. As incoming President for the chapter I hosted the event. We had some last minute issues but everything turned out okay. Not everyone could attend the meeting. I think lessons learnt (American learned) include:
- Don’t speak so much next time.
- Make sure more people get to convey their ideas in the presentation.
- Run on time, we started 15 minutes late.
- It was great we went around the room and all introduced ourselves.
- A card exchange might have been a good idea.
- It was good; I remembered to bring all the materials for the retreat on my laptop, as we were missing some materials.
- An overhead projector really does help a meeting.
- Have more time for networking next time.